Friday, June 11, 2010

Drake - Thank Me Later Debut Album


"And Drake stand for Do Right And Kill Everything!" Miss Me - DRAKE

This is without a doubt, the most anticipated debut solo albums Hip-Hop has seen in a long time! The 23 year old phenom is releasing his debut album after making countless of hits already. Drake has his name on multiple hit records and the only thing missing is an album. June 15 will be a day that will change this young artist's career. This is such an achievement that he's clearly earned.

Just look at all these songs that he's in that made it on the charts:
Year Song Chart positions Album
U.S.
Hot 100
U.S. R&B U.S. Rap CAN
2008 "Still Fly" (Page featuring Drake) Page
2009 "The One" (Mary J. Blige featuring Drake) 63 32 83 Stronger
"Digital Girl (Remix)" (Jamie Foxx featuring The-Dream, Kanye West & Drake) 92 38 Intuition
"Money to Blow" (Birdman featuring Drake & Lil Wayne) 26 2 2 Pricele$$
"I Invented Sex" (Trey Songz featuring Drake) 42 1 Ready
"Fed Up" (DJ Khaled featuring Usher, Young Jeezy, Rick Ross & Drake) 124 45 22 Victory
"Say Something" (Timbaland featuring Drake) 23 1 1 Shock Value II
"4 My Town (Play Ball)" (Birdman featuring Drake & Lil Wayne) 90 37 17 Pricele$$
2010 "I Get Paper" (Kevin Cossom featuring Drake) 59 Hook Vs. Bridge



oh wait but that's not the list you should be shocked at. Singles that feature Drake:

Year Song Artist(s) Album
2008 "Still Fly" Page Page
"Cannon Ball" Colin Munroe Colin Munroe is the Unsung Hero
"Stuntin" DJ Drama & Lil Wayne Dedication 3
2009 "The One" Mary J. Blige Stronger
"Digital Girl (Remix)" Jamie Foxx, The-Dream, Kanye West Intuition
"I Invented Sex" Trey Songz Ready
"Money To Blow" Birdman, Lil Wayne Pricele$$
"Mo Milly" Birdman, Bun B
"4 My Town (Play Ball)" Birdman, Lil Wayne
"Off That" Jay-Z The Blueprint 3
"Take You Down (YM Remix)" Jae Millz "He Nasty" The Virgo Mixtape
"My Darlin’ Baby" Lil Wayne Unknown
"In My Business" Gucci Mane, Sean Garrett The Cold War (Guccimerica)
"Street Cred" Gucci Mane, DJ Drama, Killer Mike
"I Do This" Belly Back For the First Time Vol. 1
"Make It Go" Belly
"I Get Money" Kevin Cossom Hook Vs Bridge
"Fed Up" DJ Khaled, Usher, Young Jeezy, Lil' Wayne, and Rick Ross Victory
"Say Something" Timbaland Timbaland Presents Shock Value 2
"Dial Tone (Remix)" Tona, JD Era, Poli, Staalin, Anonymous Twist, Heavyweight, Theology 3 & Promise Unknown
2010 "Mambo" Fito Blanko Unknown
"Wavin' Flag" (Haiti benefit version) Young Artists for Haiti Unknown
"Have It Your Way" Red Cafe Red October
"Made" Big Sean Finally Famous
"Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready) (Remix)" Alicia Keys The Element of Freedom
"Control" Olivia Alone With You
"July" Jhene I Hate Love


wait here's music videos:

AND here's cameo appearances:

Now mind you, these are all without having an official album released yet. All of these are features and songs from his mixtape that later became EP, So Far Gone.

So with Drake, sometimes I support him and sometimes I hate him. It seem like he's Lil Wayne's career all in 3 years. When he started he had thought out and clever lyrics. Even as recent as So Far Gone EP was a good album. It had content and an overall story that made listeners get a part of his life at that time. Post-So Far Gone is where the change came. He started replacing stories with more metaphors and everything up to Thank Me Later has been original but at the same time basic. He has been making songs that make you dance and still listen but not alot that make people think.

Thank Me Later unfortunatly has been leaked and so I got the chance (as well as thousands of other people. but i'm gonna still buy the album to show respect because as an artist i know how much work he puts into this) to listen to it, so I can give my opinion on it before June 15. :)

I honestly think the only debut album that this will be compared to, will be Reasonable Doubt by Jay-Z. There is no story to some of them but some of them matched perfectly next to each other. Picking Over was a smart choice to be his first single and the video was . . . anyway the next single Find Your Love came out May 5 and the video redeemed himself.

The next single just announced is Miss Me which is arguably the best song on the album. He has nice lyrics and just reminds me of the old Drake. Another hot song is with Jay-z called Light Up featuring Jay-z in which Lil Wayne did a freestyle on it in jail. (check the last blog entry)
Alot of these songs are good and more singles are gonna be coming out and even with the album being leaked, I think he will still go platinum within a month, because it's just that good.

Features: Nothing but greats
-Lil Wayne
-Alicia Keys
-Jay-Z
-Swiss Beatz
-Bun B (1 line)
-Kayne (Producing)
-T.I.
-Young Jeezy
-Nicki Minaj
-The Dream

Notable Songs:
-Fireworks feat. Alicia Keys
-Karaoke
-Light Up feat. Jay-Z
-Over
-Up All Night
-Miss Me feat Lil Wayne
- Thank Me Now

TRACKLIST:
1. "Fireworks" (featuring Alicia Keys) Crada, 40 5:13
2. "Karaoke" Francis and the Lights 3:48
3. "The Resistance" 40 3:45
4. "Over" Boi-1da, Al Khaliq 3:54
5. "Show Me a Good Time" Kanye West 3:30
6. "Up All Night" (featuring Nicki Minaj) Boi-1da 3:54
7. "Fancy" (featuring Swizz Beatz & T.I.) Swizz Beatz 5:19
8. "Shut It Down" (featuring The-Dream) Omen, 40 6:59
9. "Unforgettable" (featuring Young Jeezy) Boi-1da, 40 3:34
10. "Light Up" (featuring Jay-Z) Tone Mason, 40 4:34
11. "Miss Me" (featuring Lil Wayne) Boi-1da, 40 5:06
12. "Cece's Interlude" 40 2:34
13. "Find Your Love" Kanye West, Jeff Bhasker, No I.D. 3:29
14. "Thank Me Now" Timbaland 5:29

No comments:

Post a Comment